An international student is any student who is not a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
Step 1: Complete the Online Application
The first step in the application process is to complete an online application for admission and pay the $40 non-refundable application fee. The $40 application fee can be submitted online by credit card, or mailed to the office by check or money order drawn on a U.S. bank. Upon submitting your application, you will receive an email confirming your application was received. The deadline to submit the admission application for the fall or summer semester is April 15, and the deadline for the spring semester is October 1.
Step 2: Send all Official Transcripts
After applying, you should send an official transcript, in your original language and with an English translation, from all secondary schools, colleges, and universities attended to the address below. An official transcript is an official record prepared by the issuing institution and sealed in the institution’s official envelope.
Please note: All required documents should be sent at least 120 days before the start of a semester to allow for adequate processing time, which can be extensive for some applications.
LSU’s Office of Enrollment Management is solely responsible for evaluating and determining the equivalencies of international credentials and grading scales.LSU Office of Enrollment Management
1146 Pleasant Hall
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
Step 3: Submit TOEFL or IELTS scores
If English is not your native language, you must provide your TOEFL or IELTS scores for proof of English language proficiency. Either test’s scores must be sent directly through the TOEFL or IELTS website. TOEFL scores require LSU’s school code of 6373.
- Apply early! It is to your best advantage to submit your application and transcripts as soon as possible.
- Be sure the email address you use to create your application is active, and check it often, including the spam folder.
- If you have already applied to LSU before, you must use a different email address than the one you used on your prior application(s).
- Look out for your myLSU login and password soon after applying. The myLSU portal is where you can get up-to-the-minute updates on your application status, transcripts, and much more.
- Contact your admissions counselor if you have any questions about the application process.