Usually when walking on the Parade Ground, you'll see a few people lounging, studying or playing frisbee. This past Friday, however, was not the case. Fall Fest took over the Parade Ground with vendors of food, drinks, coupons, and games for students to enjoy. Performances from the LSU Cheerleaders, LSU Tiger Girls, Golden Band from Tigerland, and other groups excited the crowd, pumping everyone up with LSU spirit. I attended, and have the recap on the 15 best parts of Fall Fest this year!
1. Delicious and nutritious free samples of smoothies were passed out. They were a great way to beat the heat!
2. Free T-shirts, cozies, and other goodies were thrown into the crowd. LSU students went wild trying to catch the freebies.
3. Performances from the Tiger Girls and Cheerleaders pumped up the crowd.
4. Free soft drinks and waters, which were much appreciated after walking around in the heat, were passed out.
5. The free burgers, veggie burgers, and sausage dogs were delicious!
6. Free energy drinks to keep everyone energized for all of the exciting vendors and booths were handed out.
7. The Student Health Center had fun, educational games and gave away freebies. Communication Studies major Danielle participated, saying, “Fall Fest is an awesome way to get involved in the LSU community, and the free stuff is definitely also a great perk!”
8. Booths, such as the Center for Freshman Year, lined the Parade Ground. Staff members were eager to educate students and answer any and every question they had about their organization.
9. The trampolines were an exciting part of fall fest, and they were free to any student who wanted to jump!
10. LSU UREC set up a rock wall, and any student who dared to climb to the top was welcome to.
11. The free sno-balls were a great way to cool down during the Fest, and Civil engineering major Matt agreed. “Fall Fest is a way to experience LSU, discover new activities to join, enjoy a burger, and make new friends.”
12. Fun activities, such as huge bubbles, were stationed around the Parade Ground and were enjoyed by students.
13. Fall Fest had a crazy spinning ride which only the bravest and most adventurous students tried.
14. Corn hole was set up for students, and if you landed on the board, you were rewarded a prize, such as LSU UREC purple sunglasses!
15. Fall Fest was a great time to relax and spend some time with friends.
Did you attend Fall Fest? What were your favorite parts? Comment below and let us know!